Thalipeeth is a Maharashtrian dish. Its type of savoury pancake. This is made of using different flours. Add vegetables like cabbage, cucumber or Bottle gourd (Lauki) instead of onion to get varities in Thalipeeth.
Simple to make but before making Thalipeeth you need to be ready with Bhajni flour.
Recipe For Bhajani Flour as follows….
- 1 kg Rice
- 1/4 kg Jowar
- 100 gram Urad Dal
- 100 gram Chana Dal
- 20 gram Coriander seeds
- 20 gram Cumin seeds
- 10 gram Fenugreek seeds
- Wash and drain rice. Dry it completely.
- Dry roast all the Ingredients one by one till it change the colour.
- Grind all ingredients in flour mill.
- Bhajani flour is ready to use.
Recipe for making Thalipeeth is as follows…
- 1 cup Bhajani Flour
- 1/4 cup Wheat Flour
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Boiled water
- Warm water to knead the dough
- 2/3 Green Chillies finely chopped (Optional if you want more spicy)
- Take Bhajani flour in a big bowl.
- Add Wheat Flour, Oil, Cumin Seeds, Sesame Seeds, Red Chilli Powder, Turmeric Powder, Pinch of Asafoetida and Salt to taste. Mix well.
- Pour boiled water, mix and keep aside for 15 mins.
- Add finely chopped onion and coriander leaves.
- Mix well.
- Add warm water and make dough, not too soft/ hard.
- Make small balls from the dough.
- Apply few drops of oil on plastic and place a ball.
- Flatten that ball with your fingers.
- Heat oil in a deep kadhai or pan on medium flame.
- Add Thalipeeth in the oil.
- Flip both the sides and cook till it get nice golden brown colour on slow flame.
- Drain Thalipeeth on paper towel after it done. Crispy and Spicy Thalipeeth is ready to serve with any butter, sos, chutney or yogurt.
Thanks for visiting my blog and do share your valuable comments.
Do like my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/jyotiscookbook/) for more updates on my new recipes.
Happy Everyday Cooking!!!