Palak Paneer is very simple to make and delicious in taste. It is a very popular indian dish. Cottage cheese served with creamy spinach gravy.
Sharing easy recipe with you ….
- 250 grms Spinach
- 250 grms Cottage cheese (Paneer) Cubes
- 2 tsp Oil
- 2 tsp Butter
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Stick Cinnamon
- 1 big Onion
- 2 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 small Tomato
- 2 tbsp Curd
- 2 /3 Green Chillies
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 5/6 Cashewnuts
- 2 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- Salt to taste
- Soak cashewnuts for 20 to 30 minutes.
- In a big pot add spinach, green chillies and blanch them( to boil them in hot water for 2-3 mins and then drain them and put them in cold water so the colour remains green).
- After cooling down grind the mixture and keep aside.
- Grind Cashewnuts in a smooth paste, keep aside.
- Heat oil and butter in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add cumin seeds and cinnamon stick. Saute till the colour changes then add finely chopped onion. saute till it become translucent. Add ginger garlic paste and saute it again.
- Now add finely chopped tomato, red chilli powder and turmeric powder. Saute till the oil seperates.
- Add curd and mix well.
- Add grinded spinach and cashewnuts paste. Saute it and cook for 2 min on slow flame.
- Add 1/2 cup hot water and salt. Mix properly . Adjust water and spices as per your curry’s thickness.
- Add Paneer cubes and simmer on slow flame.
Add cream and garam masala. Mix well and switch off the flame.
- Garnish with cream.
- Yummy Palak Paneer is ready to eat.
- Serve with Chapati, Phulka, Jeera Rice or Naan.
Thanks for visiting my blog and do share your valuable comments.
Do like my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/jyotiscookbook/) for more updates on my new recipes.
Happy Everyday Cooking!!!