Tangy, Spicy Chole Chana Masala is a delicious indian curry.
It is simple and easy to make curry. Enjoy this yummy curry with Rice, Bread, Roti, Puri or Chapati.
Sharing my simple recipe with you all….
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Whole Spices – 2 Bay Leafs, 1 Cinnamon Stick, 4 Cloves, 4 Black Pepper corns
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- 2 Onions finely chopped
- 1 cup Chole Chana (Chick Peas)
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 2 to 3 tsp Chole Masala
- 3 Tomatoes Paste
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Kasuri Methi
- 1 tsp Amchur powder
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander for Garnish
- Wash chole chana 2 to 3 times properly with tap water
- Add some salt and soak for overnight or 8 to 10 hours in enough water.
- Rinse again with fresh water.
- In a pressure cooker add chole chana. Add enough water and some salt. Heat cooker on medium flame.
- After 7 to 8 whistles, switch off the flame and let it cool down.
- In a mixer grinder add 1/4 th cup cooked chole and make a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add bay leafs, cinnamon stick, cloves, black pepper corns, pinch of asafoetida and cumin seeds.
- Add chopped onions and saute till it become golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute it.
- Now add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, chole masala and salt to taste and mix well.
- Add grinded tomatoes and saute masala till it separates from the oil.
- Add boiled chole chana and coat well with mixture.
- Add 1 cup hot water. Keep lid and simmer on slow flame.
- Add chole paste and mix well.
- Add kasuri methi and amchur powder . Adjust water and spices as per your curry’s thickness. mix well.
- Switch off the flame and sprinkle garam masala.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot..
Spicy chole is ready to serve with puri, chapati, phulka, naan, or white rice.
Enjoy yummy Chole delicious!!!
Thanks for visiting my blog and do share your valuable comments.
Do like my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/jyotiscookbook/) for more updates on my new recipes.
Happy Everyday Cooking!!!