Cauliflower/ Gobhi Manchurian is an indo-chinese appetizer. It’s a side dish and can be a compliment to any vegetarian dish. Deep fried cauliflower florets with a stir fried sos. Sharing my way of making Gobhi Manchurian with indian style at home.
Simple Gobhi Manchurian recipe as follows…
For deep frying Cauliflower florets:
- 20/25 Cauliflower florets
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbs All purpose flour
- 1 tbs Corn flour
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 3/4 Finely chopped Garlic
- 2/3 Green chillies, slit
- 6/7 chopped Spring Onion Bulb
- 1 medium Onion Chopped in square pieces
- 1 small Green Capsicum Chopped in square pieces
- 1 small Red Capsicum Chopped in square pieces
- 1 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Chilli Sos
- 1 tbsp Dark Soya Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Corn flour
- Green spring onion chopped for garnishing
- 1/2 cup Water
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl take black pepper powder, salt, all purpose flour and corn flour.
- Add water to make a thick batter. Add cauliflower florets into the batter.
- In a deep fry pan heat oil on medium flame.
- Fry cauliflower florets on slow flame and keep aside.
- Be ready with all ingredients before you start to make the gravy.
- In a wok add oil on the high flame, add garlic and chillies. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add spring onion bulb, chopped onion, green capsicum and red capsicum.
- Add tomato ketchup, chilli sos, dark soya sauce, vinegar, salt and water and let it simmer.
- Add some water in to corn flour and make a fine paste. Add it into your gravy. This will help thicken your gravy.
- Now add deep fried cauliflower florets.
- Add salt to taste. Lastly simmer for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with spring onion pieces.
- yummy Gobhi Manchurian is ready to serve..
Enjoy with white Rice or Fried Rice …
Thanks for visiting my blog… Happy Cooking!!!