It is very easy to make and a very healthy snack for kids tiffin or can be accompany with a cup of tea.
Appam patra is used to fry Appam. It uses less oil thus it more healthy.
You can do variations by adding any finely chopped veggie. Taste delicious with coconut chutney
Here is the recipe of yummy, spicy Appam, I want to share with you..
for making batter:
- 1 cup rice
- 1/2 cup whole, skinless black gram (urad dal)
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp ginger -chilli paste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Wash urad dal and rice separately.
- Add fenugreek seeds in rice and soak overnight in water.
- Finely grind urad dal in a smooth paste, without adding much water.
- Then add coarsely grinded rice.
- Keep for fermentation 7 to 8 hours.
- Take batter in a big bowl.
- Add ginger chilli paste, chopped onion, grated carrot and salt.
- Mix well.
- Heat appam patra on slow flame.
- Add few drops of oil in each mould and pour a spoonful of batter.
- Cook it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Flip appam after one side is done.
- Fry on slow frame on both sides.
- Yummy Suji Appam is ready to eat with Green Coriander-Coconut Chutney….
Thanks for visiting my blog and do share your valuable comments.
Do like my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/jyotiscookbook/) for more updates on my new recipes.
Happy Everyday Cooking!!!