Everyone’s all time favourite Lapsi is a very quick and easy dessert to make. It is also known as sweet dalia or cracked wheat halwa. It is made on auspicious occasions. My kids loved it and request me to make it again and again. Here is the recipe that I want to share with you all…
I am showing my method of making this Traditional Gujarati Sweet. Making this Halwa recipe without using milk. Amazingly yummy sweet dish….
- 1 cup Lapsi / Dalia/ Cracked wheat
- 2 tsp Oil
- 3/4 cup Ghee
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 4 Cloves
- 1 cup Sugar or Jaggery
- 2 to 3 cups Water
- Pinch of Cardamom powder
- 1 tbs chopped nuts like Cashews and Almonds
- Some Raisins
- In a big bowl add Lapsi. Add oil into Lapsi and mix well. Lapsi should be coated with oil, to keep all the pieces of grain separate after cooking.
- Make hot water and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add cinnamon sticks, cloves and lapsi on slow flame.
- Roast lapsi till it change its colour to light golden brown.
- In that add crushed nuts and roast for a min.
- Its time to pour hot water carefully as it splutters.
- Mix well and cover with the lid.
- Let it simmer for 5 to 7 min. Stair in between. It will soak all the water. Add more water if lapsi is under cooked.
- Now add sugar and mix well.
- Finally add cardamom powder and raisins.
- Cover with the lid and let it simmer for around 5 minutes.
- Cool for some time then serve.
Delicious Lapsi is ready to eat…Enjoy!!!!!
Thanks for visiting my blog and do share your comments … Happy Cooking!!!