Kesar Suji Halwa
Everyone’s all time favourite Kesar Suji Halwa is a very quick and easy dessert to make. Its very simple yet delicious in every bite with a delicious smell. It is made on auspicious occasions like a pooja. My kids love it and request me to make it again and again.
Here is the recipe want to share with you all…
- 1 cup suji (semolina)
- 1 cup ghee
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup hot milk
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts like cashews and almonds
- Few saffron stands (Kesar)
- Some raisins
- Make hot milk and water (boiling), and keep aside.
- Soak saffron strands in 2 tbsp of hot milk and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan on slow flame.
- Add suji and roast till it change its colour to light golden brown.
- Add crushed nuts and roast for a min.
- Pour hot milk and hot water carefully as it splutters. Add more hot water if required.
- Mix well and let it simmer for 1-2 min. The suji will soak all the water.
- Now add sugar and mix well till it separates from the edge of the pan.
- Finally add cardamom powder, saffron milk and raisins and mix well.
- Keep for some time then serve.
- You can mould the suji halwa into any shape using a cup or just your hands.
Perfect Kesar Suji Halwa is ready….enjoy!!!
Thanks for visiting my blog and do share your valuable comments.
Do like my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/jyotiscookbook/) for more updates on my new recipes.
Happy Everyday Cooking!!!