This spicy chicken curry is very simple to make in maharashtrian style using roasted coconut. Taste delicious with Vade (fried flat bread) mainly known as “Kombdi- Vade”. I learned this curry from my mother. Its all time favourite in our house.
I want to share this simple recipe with you all….
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 2 Dry Red Chillies
- Whole Spices – 2 Bay Leafs, 1 Cinnamon Stick, 4 Cloves, 4 Black Pepper corns
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- 2 Medium sized Onions
- 1/2 kg Whole Chicken Pieces
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Malvani Masala
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 cup Grated Coconut (Dry/ Fresh)
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Chopped Coriander for garnish
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom non stick pan. Add Bay Leafs, Cinnamon Stick, Cloves, Black Pepper corns, pinch of Asafoetida and chopped onions. Saute till it become golden brown.
- Add Ginger Garlic paste and saute it.
- Now add Red Chilli Powder, Malvani Masala, Turmeric Powder, Coriander powder, Cumin powder and salt to taste and mix well.
- Add Chicken pieces and coat well with mixture.
- Add 1 cup hot water. Keep lid and cook on slow flame.
- Another side in a small pan dry roast coconut on slow flame. After cooling down grind in a smooth paste.
- After the chicken is cooked, add coconut paste in chicken, and simmer on slow flame.
- Add dry red chillies, lemon juice and mix well.
- Adjust water and spices as per your curry’s thickness.
- Sprinkle Garam Masala and garnish with coriander leaves on your curry after the chicken is cooked and switch off the flame.
- Spicy Chicken Curry is ready to serve with Vade, Chapati, Phulka, Naan, Bread or White Rice.
Thanks for visiting my blog and do share your valuable comments.
Do like my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/jyotiscookbook/) for more updates on my new recipes.
Happy Everyday Cooking!!!