Delicious, Spicy and Buttery Mumbai Pav Bhaji
It is a Maharashtrian spicy, mouthwatering dish as well as one of the most popular street food of Mumbai. Its a quick, healthy one pot meal and is easy to make. It is a great way for kids to eat veggies. This delicious, spicy and buttery mixed vegetable curry (bhaji) is served with Ladi Pav Buns/ Bread.
Recipe with step by step pictures as follows :
- 1 cup Cauliflower
- 1/2 cup Green peas
- 3 to 4 Potatoes
- 5tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 finely chopped onions
- 1 finely chopped capsicum
- 3 finely chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 3 tsp Pav bhaji masala (I used Everest Pav Bhaji Masala)
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnish.
- 10 to 12 Pav / Bread slices
- 1 cup Finely copped onion
- Lemon wedges
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
Method of making bhaji ( curry):
- Pressure cook veggies- like potatoes, cauliflower, green peas, capsicum.
- After cooling down mash with potato masher and keep aside.
- Heat Butter and oil in a heavy bottom pan. Add onions and saute till it become golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute it.
- Add finely chopped tomato, red chilli powder, pav bhaji masala and salt to taste and mix well.
- Roast till it seperates from the oil at the sides of the pan. Add the mashed veggies and mix well.
- Add lemon juice and simmer on slow flame.
- Add enough water to make a thin bhaji. Adjust spices asper your taste.
- Garnish with coriander leaves .
Method of Serving Pav Bhaji:
- Take bhaji in a deep bowl.
- Add chopped onions, butter and coriander leaves.
- Squeeze a few drops of lemon juice.
- Serve with copped onions, lemon wedge and Ladi pav.
Give yourself a spicy treat with mouthwatering Pav Bhaji!!
Thanks for visiting my blog and do share your valuable comments.
Do like my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/jyotiscookbook/) for more updates on my new recipes.
Happy Everyday Cooking!!!