Methi Ghavan/ Fenugreek Rice Dosa ?
Its a kind of a soft pancake. Quick and easy to make with just a few ingredients. Its a easy breakfast or snack item. Added small twist in Maharashtrian Rice Ghavan / Dosa . . ..?
My way of making ghavan is as follows.. .
Before making ghavan you need to prepare rice flour as follows..
- Wash and drain rice.
- Dry it completely.
- Grind coarsely in flour mill.
- Rice flour is ready to use.
- 1 cup rice flour
- 2 tsp semolina (Suji)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fenugreek leaves
- 1 tsp ginger chilli paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 to 1 and 1/2 cup water
- oil for greasing
- In a big bowl take rice flour. Add finely chopped fenugreek leaves, Semolina, ginger chilli paste, salt to taste and mix well.
- Add water and make smooth paste with no lumps. Adjust the consistency of the mixture to make a watery batter.
- Add oil and mix properly and keep aside for half an hour.
- Heat a non stick tava or dosa pan on medium flame.
- Pour batter on pan after heated properly.
- After 2 to 3 mins try to flip it. It will remove from the sides.
- Methi Ghavan is ready to serve with any sos, Green coconut chutney or any curry.
Thanks for visiting my blog and do share your valuable comments.
Do like my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/jyotiscookbook/) for more updates on my new recipes.
Happy Everyday Cooking!!!