Kesar Khoya Modak
A modak is a traditional Maharashtrian sweet, and is said to be Ganesha’s favourite sweet. There are different types of modaks. I made a different variety of modak on the festival of Ganesh Chaturthi to offer my Bappa…
I am sharing my way of making Kesar Khoya Modak .
Here is the recipe for you all
- 1 cup khoya
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup warm milk
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 10 to 12 saffron stands
- Take warm milk in a bowl. Add saffron stands and keep aside for 10 mins.
- Heat a heavy bottom non stick pan on slow flame.
- Add crumbled khoya and roast for around 2 minutes.
- Add sugar, cardamom powder and saffron milk.
- Mix it properly until there are no lumps.
- On a slow flame, stir continuously.
- Cook till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- Now switch off the gas and let it cool completely.
- Now take modak mould and fill it with mixture. Press hardly and make shapes gently…
- Modaks are ready to offer to God Ganesha ..
- To store, put it in an airtight container, and then into the refrigerator.
Enjoy yummy and delicious modak
Thanks for visiting my blog and do share your valuable comments.
Do like my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/jyotiscookbook/) for more updates on my new recipes.
Happy Everyday Cooking!!!