Instant Oatmeal Methi Chilla/Pancake
Quick and easy-to-make healthy breakfast or snack item. Its kind of a pancake .
Delicious chilla can be made with just a few ingredients. Add oatmeal and spinach to make a power packed breakfast
My way of making Oatmeal Spinach Chilla is as follows..
- 1/2 cup instant oatmeal
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh Methi / Fenugreek leaves
- 1/4 cup gram flour/ besan
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ginger-chilli paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Pinch of asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp oil
- Water as per requirement
- Oil to grease the pan
- In a big bowl take instant oatmeal, methi leaves, gram flour, onion, cumin seeds, ginger-chilli paste, red chilli powder, Pinch of asafoetida, garam masala powder, turmeric powder and rice flour.
- Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Add water and make a paste with no lumps. Adjust the consistency of the mixture to make a batter.
- Add oil and mix properly and keep aside for half an hour.
- Heat a non stick tawa or dosa pan on medium flame. Grease the pan with oil.
- Pour batter on pan after heated properly.
- After 2 to 3 mins try to flip it. It will easily loosen from the sides.
- Oatmeal Methi Chilla/ Pancake is ready to serve with ketchup, sauce or any curry.
Thanks for visiting my blog and do share your valuable comments.
Do like my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/jyotiscookbook/) for more updates on my new recipes.
Happy Everyday Cooking!!!