Puri is an indian deep fried bread which can be eat any time.
It can go with any veggie or pickle. Best combination with puri is potato veggie, chole or halwa puri.
Making the way kids will love .. yum
Simple recipe of making puffy puri as follows…
- 1 Cup Wheat Flour
- 2 tsp Semolina
- 2 tbsp Melted Ghee or Oil
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
Method of Making dough :
- In a big bowl take wheat flour, semolina and salt. Mix well.
- Add oil or ghee, Mix well till you get a crumbly texture.
- Now add a little water at a time and start kneading the dough.
- The dough should not be too tight or too soft.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Dough is ready to use.
Method of making puri :
- Once again kneed the dough.
- Divide it and make small balls.
- Make circle with the rolling pin.
- Run knife through it to make triangle.
- In a deep frying pan heat oil on medium flame. Add puri for frying.
- Turn after one side fluffs up. Fry both the sides.
- Remove it onto the paper towel.
Serve hot puries with any vegi or just plain….enjoy!!! I served with Matki usal and Shrikhand…
Thanks for visiting my blog and do share your valuable comments.
Do like my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/jyotiscookbook/) for more updates on my new recipes.
Happy Everyday Cooking!!!