Drumstick/ Shevgyachya Shenganche Pithle ?
“Pithle” is Maharashtrian All-Time-Favourite food made with chickpea flour. Very quick and easy to make.
I added drumstick pieces to enhance the flavour.
Sharing my simple recipe with you all:
- 2 tbsp chickpea flour/ besan
- 2 drumsticks cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp oil
- Pinch of asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 small sized onion
- 1/2 tsp green chilli paste
- 1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 7/8 curry leaves
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2/3 kokum petals
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnish.
- Take chickpea flour in a bowl. Add 1 cup water and make a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a deep pan on slow flame.
- Now add asafoetida and cumin seeds.
- After cumin seeds change colour add chopped onion and saute till it become golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and green chilli paste and saute it.
- Add curry leaves, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and drumstick pieces and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup water and cover the pan with lid. Simmer on slow flame till drumstick get cooked.
- Now add chickpea flour paste and stir continuously. It will immediately start to thicken. Add more water if required.
- Add salt, kokum petals and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve Hot.
Enjoy yummy hot pithle with rice, bhakri or chapati.
Thanks for visiting my blog and do share your valuable comments.
Do like my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/jyotiscookbook/) for more updates on my new recipes.
Happy Everyday Cooking!!!