Eggless Vanilla Tutti Frutti Cooker Cake
I tried in a “PRESSURE COOKER” and it comes out very soft, moist and yummy. Its a very good snack for kids or can be accompany with a cup of tea.
Sharing simple recipe with you…
- 1 and 1/2 cup all purpose flour/ maida
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup curd
- 2 tsp white vinegar/ lemon juice
- 2 to 3 tbsp milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil or melted unsalted butter
- 1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup tutti frutti (Keep aside 1 tbsp for topping)
- A pinch of salt
- Take the curd in a big bowl, add sugar, vinegar, oil, milk and vanilla essence. Make a smooth paste. You can use hand blender to blend all the ingredients quick and easily.
- Sieve all the dry ingredients. All purpose flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Now in a bigger bowl add dry ingredients into wet ingredients in a small batch. Mix with cut and fold method.
- Mix well. Add 1 tbsp milk if the batter is too thick.
- In a bowl take 2 tbsp flour and toss tutti frutti in that.
- Add tutti frutti in cake batter.
- Mix well.
- Grease a 7 to 8” pan with oil and dust with flour.
- Pour the batter and tap gently to remove air bubbles. Arrange tutti frutti on top.
- Use big size Aluminium coooker and pot. Remove gasket and whistle on the lid of your Pressure Cooker ( I used normal dish to cover). Do not add any water.
- Heat cooker on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Place the stand and then place pot inside the cooker. Cover with lid.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes on low heat. Check in between..
- To check if it is cooked, insert a tooth pick and it should come out clean.
- Let it cool and then cut into pieces.
- Enjoy cake with a cup of tea…yum.
Note: A pressure cooker is not meant for baking. High heat may cause parts of cooker deteriorate a bit.
Thanks for visiting my blog and do share your valuable comments.
Do like my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/jyotiscookbook/) for more updates on my new recipes.
Happy Everyday Cooking!!!