Spicy and crispy bombil Fry is a yummy fish dish and can compliment any curry or rice. Its very easy to make.
It is basically fish marinated with spices and shallow fry with suji coating.
This is a recipe of making yummy Bombil fry the easy way…
- 8 to 10 Bombil/Bombay duck
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli paste
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup suji/ semolina
- Oil for frying
- Clean and cut, and slit the Bombil fish and wash fish gently.
- Apply salt and lemon juice and keep aside for 15 mins until the water seperates.
- Remove excess water from the dish.
- In a bowl take red chilli powder, turmeric powder, chilli paste, ginger garlic paste, coriander powder and cumin powder. Mix all the spices well.
- Rub spices gently on fish pieces.
- Keep marinated fish pieces for around 30 minutes.
- Take suji in a flat dish. Coat both the sides of marinated fish with suji properly.
- Heat oil in heavy bottom shallow pan on slow flame.
- Add fish pieces and fry till it the colour changes to golden brown.
Crispy Bombay duck fry (Bombil Fry) is ready to eat…yummm
Thanks for visiting my blog and do share your valuable comments.
Do like my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/jyotiscookbook/) for more updates on my new recipes.
Happy Everyday Cooking!!!