Eggless Zebra Cake
It is a perfect blend of chocolate and vanilla flavours. Very easy to make and a very good snack for kids or can be accompany with a cup of tea.
I Celebrated my Hubby’s birthday with this yummy and moist Eggless Zebra Cake.
Sharing my simple recipe with you all…
- 1 and 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup curd
- 1 tsp vinegar/ Lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil or melted unsalted butter
- 1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 5 tbsp milk
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven at 170 to 180 degree C.
- You can use hand blender to blend all the ingredients quick and easily.
- Take the curd in a big bowl add sugar, vinegar, oil, 2 tbsp milk and vanilla essence and make a smooth paste.
- Sieve all the dry ingredients. All purpose flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Now in a bigger bowl add dry ingredients into wet ingredients in a small batch. Mix with cut and fold method.
- Mix well. Add more milk if batter is too thick.
- Devide the batter into 2 equal portions. Add cocoa powder and 2 tbsp milk in one of the batter.
- Grease a 8” Baking tray with oil. Place butter paper/ parchment paper on the bottom of the tray or dust with flour.
- In the middle of the pan Pour 2 tbsp. of each batter one by one at a time to create layers.
- Repeat process till the end.
- Use wooden stick to get desired design. (I moved wooden stick from the border of the pan to the middle of the pan and then in between in that lines moved stick from middle of the pan to the border )
- Tap gently to remove air bubbles.
- Place the tray inside an oven. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- To check if it is cooked, insert a tooth pick and it should come out clean.
- Let it cool and Enjoy cake with tea…yum yum.
Thanks for visiting my blog and do share your valuable comments.
Do like my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/jyotiscookbook/) for more updates on my new recipes.
Happy Everyday Cooking!!!