❤Kala Chana/ Black Chickpeas Curry ❤
Chanyachi Usal (Maharashtrian style )
Tangy, Spicy Kala Chana Curry is a delicious as well as healthy indian curry.
Simple and easy to make curry. Enjoy this yummy curry with Rice, Bread, Roti or Chapati.
Sharing this simple recipe with you ….
- 1 cup Kala Chana / Black Chickpeas
- 1/2 cup Grated Coconut (Dry/ Fresh)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Medium sized Onion
- 1/2 tsp Green Chilli Paste
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 small Tomato
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander for garnish
- Wash Kala Chana 2 to 3 times properly with tap water .
- Add some salt and soak overnight or for 8 to 10 hours in enough water.
- Rinse again with fresh water.
- In a pressure cooker add Kala Chana. Add enough water and some salt.
- Heat cooker on medium flame.
- After 5 to 6 whistles, switch off the flame and let it cool down.
- In a small pan dry roast coconut on slow flame. After cooling down grind in a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan on medium flame, add asafoetida and cumin Seeds.
- After cumin seeds changed colour add chopped onion and saute till it become golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste, green chilli paste and saute it.
- Add finely chopped tomato, red chilli Powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and mix well.
- Roast till it leaves oil from the sides.
- Add boiled Kala Chana and coat well with mixture.
- Add 1 cup hot water and simmer on slow flame.
- Add lemon juice, coconut paste and salt.
- Adjust water and spices as per your curry’s thickness and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and sprinkle garam masala powder.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Spicy, tangy white peas curry is ready to serve with Rice, Bread, Roti or Chapati
Enjoy yummy curry!!!
Thanks for visiting my blog and do share your valuable comments.
Do like my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/jyotiscookbook/) for more updates on my new recipes.
Happy Everyday Cooking!!!