Red Velvet Cake is a cake which is traditionally prepared in layers. This Cake is easy to make and is a very good in taste.
A perfect Valentines day desert for your love.
I want to share my recipe with you ….
- 1 and 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup curd
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp red food colouring
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil or melted butter
- 1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp white vinegar / lemon juice
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven at 180 degree C.
- You can use hand blender to blend all the ingredients quick and easily.
- Take the curd in a big bowl, and add sugar, oil, milk, vinegar and vanilla essence. Make a smooth paste.
- Add food colouring and mix well.
- I used this colour.
- Sieve all the dry ingredients. All purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Now in a bigger bowl add dry ingredients into wet ingredients in a small batch. Mix with cut and fold method. Mix well.
- Grease a 8” Baking tray with oil. Place butter paper/ parchment paper on the bottom of the tray or dust with flour.
- Pour the batter and tap gently to remove air bubbles.
- Place the tray inside an oven. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- To check if it is cooked, insert a tooth pick and it should come out clean.
- Decorated with dusting of icing sugar and canned cherries.
- Let it cool and Enjoy with your love …yum yum.
Moist and delicious cake is ready to eat !!!!
Thanks for visiting my blog and do share your valuable comments. Do like my facebook page for getting more updates on recipes.. Happy Cooking!!!