?Shankarpali / Shakkar Pare ?
It’s a delicious, mouth melting, crispy traditional Maharashtrian sweet snack. It is usually made during Diwali festival. ???
Make and enjoy with cup of tea.
Sharing my simple recipe with you….
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup ghee
- Pinch of salt
- All purpose flour (Maida)
- Ghee for deep frying
- Take milk and sugar in a wide bowl and mix well.
- Add ghee and beat well till you get a smooth texture.
- Add pinch of salt.
- Now add a little flour at a time and start kneading the dough.
- Add more flour until you get a nice dough.The dough should not be too tight or soft.
- Cover the dough with wet cloth and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Once again kneed the dough. Divide it and make big circles with rolling pin.
- Cut into diamond or square shaped pieces using cutter or knife.
- Keep pieces on dry cloth.
- On the other side heat the ghee in a kadhai on slow or medium heat for frying.
- Once ghee is hot enough, add pieces in the ghee.
- Fry till it become golden brown on slow flame.
- Remove Shakkar pare on paper towel and let it cool.
- To store, you can keep Shankarpali in a airtight container.
Thanks for visiting my blog and do share your valuable comments.
Do like my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/jyotiscookbook/) for more updates on my new recipes.
Happy Everyday Cooking!!!