Yummy ? Matar Paneer / Green Peas and Cottage Cheese curry ? is very simple to make yet delicious in taste. Its a blend of onions, tomatoes and some spices. It is a famous north indian curry.
Sharing my easy way of making Matar Paneer….
- 250 grms Paneer Cubes
- 250 grms Green Peas
- 2 tsp Oil
- 2 tsp Butter
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Stick Cinnamon Stick
- 1 tsp Chilli -Ginger -Garlic paste
- 1 big onion
- 3 to 4 Tomatoes
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 5/6 Cashewnuts
- 1 tsp Kasuri methi
- 2 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Blanch green peas by adding pinch of salt and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan and add sliced onions, chopped tomatoes, cashew nuts and salt.
- Saute it and cook for 10 min on slow flame with lid.
- After cooling down grind in a smooth paste.
In a heavy bottom pan heat butter on slow flame.
Add cumin seeds, cinnamon stick, chili powder, turmeric powder and chilli-ginger -garlic paste and saute it.
- Add the grinded paste and salt. Mix properly .
- Add 1/2 cup hot water and kasuri methi. Mix properly . Adjust water and spices as per your curry’s thickness.
- Add paneer cubes and blanched green peas. Mix well and simmer on slow flame.
Add cream and garam masala. Mix well and switch off the flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, cream and butter.
- Your yummy Matar Paneer is ready to eat!
- Serve with Chapati, Phulka, Jeera Rice or Naan.
Thanks for visiting my blog and do share your valuable comments.
Do like my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/jyotiscookbook/) for more updates on my new recipes.
Happy Everyday Cooking!!!