Tangy, Spicy Tomatoes Pulao is easy to make and very well goes with raita, pickle, papad, dal or any kind of gravy dish.
No onion-garlic added in this.
You can use leftover white rice also to make this dish.
Here is the recipe will share with you….
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 tbsp ghee/ oil
- Pinch of asafoetida
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 big tomato
- 1 carrot diced
- 7/8 french beans cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1/2 tsp ginger- chilli Paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cups hot water
- Salt to taste
- Firstly rinse and then soak basmati Rice in water for half an hour and then drain them.
- Heat ghee in a pan on slow flame.
- Add cumin seeds. let it get brown colour, then add Bay leaf and Asafoetida.
- Add cinnamon stick, ginger-chilli Paste and finely chopped tomato and saute it.
- Add Red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, Cumin Powder
- Add all vegetables like carrot, french beans, green peas. Covered with lid and let it cooked on slow flame.
- Add drained rice and saute until all rice coated with all spices.
- Add water, garam masala powder and salt and let it boil on medium flame.
- When water starts boiling then lower the heat and covered with lid.
- Cook until the rice get cooked.
- Sprinkle lemon juice and garnish with coriander leaves.
Yummy Tomato pulao is ready to eat with cucumber raita and Papad…
Thanks for visiting my blog and do share your valuable comments.
Do like my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/jyotiscookbook/) for more updates on my new recipes.
Happy Everyday Cooking!!!