Spicy Surmai Fry is yummy fish dish and can compliment any curry or rice. Its very easy to make. It is basically fish marinated with spices and shallow fry with rice flour coating.
This is a recipe of making yummy Surmai fry the easy way…
- One large Surmai fish cut into slices
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli paste
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp vinegar/ lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- Oil for frying
- Clean and wash fish gently.
- In a bowl take red chilli powder, turmeric powder, chilli paste, ginger garlic paste, coriander powder, cumin powder, vinegar and salt. Mix all spices well.
- Rub spices gently on fish pieces. Keep marinated fish pieces for around 30 minutes.
- Take rice flour in a dish and add a pinch of salt. mix well.
- Coat both the sides of marinated fish with rice flour properly.
- Heat oil in heavy bottom shallow pan on slow flame.
- Add fish pieces.
- Fry till it the colour changes to golden brown.
Spicy King Fish Fry (Surmai Fry) is ready to eat…yummm
Thanks for visiting my blog and do share your valuable comments.
Do like my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/jyotiscookbook/) for more updates on my new recipes.
Happy Everyday Cooking!!!