Spicy chicken potato curry is very delicious and is simple to make.
Potatoes enhance the flour and thickness of the curry. Enjoy this yummy curry with Rice, Bread, Roti or Chapati.
I want to share this simple recipe with you all….
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Whole Spices – 2 Bay Leafs, 1 Cinnamon Stick, 4 Cloves, 4 Black Pepper corns
- 2/3 crushed Garlic cloves
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- 3 to 4 Medium sized Onions
- 1/2 kg whole chicken pieces
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 2/3 Potatoes cut into smaller cubes
- 1 medium size Tomato Paste
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander for Garnish
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom non stick pan. Add bay leafs, cinnamon stick, cloves, black pepper corns and pinch of asafoetida.
- Add crushed Garlic cloves and chopped onions.
- Saute till it become golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute it.
- Now add Red Chilli Powder, Turmeric Powder, Coriander powder, Cumin powder and Salt to taste and mix well.
- Add Chicken pieces and coat well with mixture.
- Add Potatoes. mix well.
- Add 1 cup hot water. Keep lid and cook on slow flame.
- After chicken is cooked, add tomato paste in chicken, and simmer on slow flame.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Adjust water and spices as per your curry’s thickness, which is your choice.
- Sprinkle Garam Masala and garnish with coriander leaves on your curry after the chicken is cooked and switch off the flame.
- Spicy Chicken Curry is ready to serve with Chapati, Phulka, Naan, Bread or White Rice.
Enjoy yummy Chicken Potato Curry….. Its delicious!!!
Thanks for visiting my blog and do share your valuable comments.
Do like my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/jyotiscookbook/) for more updates on my new recipes.
Happy Everyday Cooking!!!