Everyone’s all time favourite sweet is a very quick and easy dessert to make. It is made on auspicious occasions.
I am showing my method of making this amazingly yummy sweet…
- 1 cup Seviya/ Vermicelli
- 1 ltr Milk
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4 tbsp Vanilla custard powder
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- Chopped nuts like Cashews and Almonds
- Some Raisins and Chironji
- Boil milk and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a deep pan on slow flame.
- Add seviya and roast till it changes colour to light golden brown.
- In that add crushed nuts and roast for a min.
- Pour the hot milk carefully to avoid splutters.
- Let it simmer for 5 to 7 min. Stir in between.
- Now add sugar and mix well.
- In a small bowl add custard powder and water and mix well.
- Pour custard powder and water mixture and stir continuously.
- It will immediately start to thicken.
- Finally add cardamom powder, raisins and chironji.
- Let it simmer for around 5 minutes.
- Cool for some time then serve.
Delicious Kheer is ready to eat…Enjoy!!!!!
Thanks for visiting my blog and do share your valuable comments.
Do like my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/jyotiscookbook/) for more updates on my new recipes.
Happy Everyday Cooking!!!