Raw mango sweet and spicy pickle is a yummy and delicious. I learned this dish from my granny. One of my yummy childhood memory.
You can serve this pickle with any snack item, bread or paratha. Its a quick and easy recipe of pickle. Sharing simple recipe with you all….
- 2 medium size Raw Mangoes
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 4 to 6 Cloves
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek seeds
- 1 to 2 Dry red chilies
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- Sugar (Same as sliced mangoes)
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Wash and peal raw mangoes.
- Cut into small pieces.
- Add red chilli powder and salt. Mix well and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan on slow flame.
- Add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Now add fenugreek seeds and let them change the colour.
- Now add cinnamon stick, cloves, asafoetida and dry red chillies. Mix well.
- Add mango pieces and mix well to coat all the spices to the pieces.
- Now add sugar and cardamom powder.
- Mix well.
- Simmer on slow flame till mango pieces get cooked. Keep stirring.
- Add lemon juice and bring it to boil for around 5 minutes. Adjust spices as per your taste.
- Switch off the flame and let it cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container or bottle. You can refrigerate it for better shelf life.
Sweet, Tangy and Spicy Raw Mango Pickle is ready to eat with Chapati, Phulka or any type of Paratha….yum
Thanks for visiting my blog and do share your valuable comments.
Do like my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/jyotiscookbook/) for more updates on my new recipes.
Happy Everyday Cooking!!!