Quick mixed Vegetable Pulao ?
This one pot meal is very easy to make and very well goes with raita, pickle, papad, dal or any kind of gravy dish. I used a pressure cooker to make this delicious pulao ?
Here is the recipe will share with you….
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 tbsp ghee/ oil
- Pinch of asafoetida
- Whole Spices – 1 bay leaf, 1 cinnamon stick, 4 cloves, 4 black pepper corns
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 small tomato
- 1 potato diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 1/2 capsicum diced
- 7/8 french beans cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1/2 tsp ginger- chilli Paste
- 1 tbsp pulao masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (optional)
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 cups hot water
- Salt to taste
- Firstly rinse and then soak basmati rice in water for half an hour and then drain them.
- Heat ghee in pressure cooker on slow flame.
- Add cumin seeds. let it become brown, then add bay leaf and asafoetida.
- Add cinnamon stick, cloves, black pepper corns, ginger-chilli paste and finely chopped tomato and saute it.
- Add turmeric powder, pulao masala.
- Add all vegetables like potato, capsicum, carrot, french beans, green peas and mix well.
- Add drained rice and saute until all rice coated with all spices.
- Add water, garam masala powder and salt and let it boil on medium flame.
- When water starts boiling, cover with lid.
- After 2 whistles, switch off the flame and let it cool down.
- Serve hot and garnish with coriander leaves.
Yummy mixed Vegetable Pulao is ready to eat with cucumber-tomato raita.
Thanks for visiting my blog and do share your valuable comments.
Do like my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/jyotiscookbook/) for more updates on my new recipes.
Happy Everyday Cooking!!!