Prawns Coconut Curry is very delicious maharashtrian curry and is simple to make. Added coconut to enhance the flavour of the curry. Going to share this simple recipe with you all….
- 1/2 kg Prawns
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Pinch of asafoetida
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 medium sized onions
- 1 big tomato (Graind and make paste)
- 1/2 cup grated coconut (Dry/ fresh)
- 1 tbsp chili ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 3/4 kokum petals or 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander for garnish
- Clean the prawns, remove tails and wash properly.
- Marinate prawns with red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and salt.
- Keep aside for half an hour.
- Another side in a small pan dry roast coconut on slow flame.
- After cooling down grind in a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan. Add pinch of asafoetida, cinnamon stick and chopped onions. Saute till it become golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute it.
- Now add marinated prawns mix well. (Potatoes optional)
- Add 1 cup hot water and mix well. Keep lid and cook on slow flame.
- After the potatoes are cooked, add tomato paste, roasted coconut paste, kokum patels or lemon juice and simmer on slow flame.
- Adjust water and spices as per your curry’s thickness. Switch off the flame.
- Sprinkle garam masala and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Prawns Coconut Curry is ready to serve with chapatti, phulka, naan or white rice.
Thanks for visiting my blog and do share your valuable comments.
Do like my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/jyotiscookbook/) for more updates on my new recipes.
Happy Everyday Cooking!!!