Methi Vadi (Fenugreek Fritters )
Its a spicy blend of fresh fenugreek leaves and gram flour. Easy to make and superb, crispy side dish during meal.
I am sharing an easy way of making Methi Vadi. ☺
Recipe as follows .….
- 1 cup fresh Methi leaves chopped
- 1 cup gram flour (besan)
- 1 tsp ginger chilli paste
- Pinch of asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- In a big bowl put all the ingredients.
- Fenugreek leaves, besan, ginger chilli paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin seeds, sesame seeds, oil, asafoetida, garam masala powder and salt.
- Make a thick batter by adding sufficient water at a time and mix well.
- Adjust spices and salt as per your taste.
- Heat 2 cups of water in a steamer or big broad pan.
- Grease plate with oil. Pour batter into the greased plate and steam for around 15 to 20 minutes.
- To Check, insert a tooth pick and it should come out clean.
- After cooling down cut Methi vadi into diamond or square pieces using a knife.
- You can store in airtight container in the freezer.
- Shallow fry Methi vadi pieces on slow till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Serve hot.
- Its crispy and delicious. Enjoy!!!!!
Thanks for visiting my blog and do share your valuable comments.
Do like my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/jyotiscookbook/) for more updates on my new recipes.
Happy Everyday Cooking!!!