Tangy, Spicy Sprouted Moth Bean Curry /Matki usal is a Maharashtrian dish.
All time favourite of my kids. Simple and easy to make curry. Enjoy this yummy curry with Rice, Bread, Roti or Chapati.
I want to share this simple recipe with you ….
- 1 cup Moth Bean (Sprouted)
- 1/2 cup Grated Coconut (Dry/ Fresh)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Medium sized Onion
- 1/2 tsp Green Chilli Paste
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 small Tomato
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnish.
Method of sprouting moth bean:
- Soak moth bean in sufficient water for 7 to 8 hours.
- Remove in cotton cloth and keep for again 7 to 8 hours.
Method of making Moth bean Curry:
- In a small pan dry roast coconut on slow flame. After cooling down grind in a smooth paste and keep aside.
- I made this curry in a pressure cooker.
- Heat oil, add asafoetida and cumin Seeds.
- After cumin seeds changed colour add chopped onion and saute till it become golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste, green chilli paste and saute it.
- Add finely chopped tomato, red chilli Powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and salt to taste and mix well.
- Roast till it leaves oil from the sides of the pot. Add Moth Bean sprouted and mix well.
- Add 1 cup water and close the lid of cooker. Take 2 whistles and switch off the flame.
- After opening the lid of the cooker add lemon juice, garam masala powder, coconut paste and simmer on slow flame
- Add enough water to make a thin curry. Adjust spices asper your taste.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Enjoy yummy curry!!!
Thanks for visiting my blog and do share your valuable comments.
Do like my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/jyotiscookbook/) for more updates on my new recipes.
Happy Everyday Cooking!!!