Pinapple Sweet and Spicy Pickle
Tried something different and it turned out awesome..
It is a yummy and delicious in taste. You can serve this pickle with any snack item, bread or paratha. Its a quick and easy recipe of pickle.
Sharing simple recipe with you all….
- 1 Pineapple cut into small pieces
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 4 to 6 Cloves
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek seeds
- 1 to 2 Dry red chilies
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red chilli powder
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Cut pineapple into small pieces and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan on slow flame.
- Add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Now add fenugreek seeds and let them change the colour.
- Now add cinnamon stick, cloves, asafoetida and dry red chillies.
- Mix well.
- Add pinapple pieces, red chilli powder, salt and mix well to coat all the spices to the pieces.
- Now add sugar, cardamom powder and mix well.
- Simmer on slow flame till pineapple pieces get cooked.
- Keep stirring.
- Add lemon juice and bring it to boil for around 5 minutes.
- Adjust spices as per your taste.
- Switch off the flame and let it cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container or bottle. You can refrigerate it for better shelf life.
Sweet, Tangy and Spicy Pineapple Pickle is ready to eat with Bread, Chapati, Phulka or any type of Paratha….yum
Thanks for visiting my blog and do share your valuable comments.
Do like my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/jyotiscookbook/) for more updates on my new recipes.
Happy Everyday Cooking!!!