Ripe bananas can make a very yummy, light and spongy Banana Cake. A very ripe banana can be used as a substitute for an egg.
It is very easy to make. It is a very good snack for kids or can be accompany with a cup of tea.. ..
- 1 and 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3rd cup oil or melted butter
- 4 medium sized ripe bananas
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 drops of red food colouring (Optional)
- Powder sugar for decoration only.
- Preheat your oven at 170 to 180 degree C.
- You can use mixer grinder or hand blender to blend all the ingredients quick and easily.
- Peel and chop bananas and add it in to a blender.
- Add sugar, oil and vanilla essence. Make a smooth paste.
- Sieve all dry ingredients. All purpose flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda and Salt.
- Now in a bigger bowl add dry ingredients into wet ingredients in a small batch. Mix with cut and fold method.
- Add red colour drops. Mix well.
- Grease a 8” Baking tray with oil. Place butter paper/ parchment paper on the bottom of the tray or dust with flour.
- Pour the batter and tap gently to remove air bubbles.
- Place the tray inside an oven. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- To check if it is cooked, insert a tooth pick and it should come out clean.
- Let it cool. Dust icing sugar.
Thanks for visiting my blog and do share your valuable comments.
Do like my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/jyotiscookbook/) for more updates on my new recipes.
Happy Everyday Cooking!!!
Enjoy.. cake with tea…yum yum….
Thanks for visiting my blog… Happy Cooking!!!