Dahi Vada is a spongy treat, it just melts in mouth in each bite. Its an easy yummy snack item.
Taste delicious when its cold.
Sharing simple recipe with you..
- 1 cup Whole, Skinless Black Gram (Urad Dal)
- 1/2 inch. Ginger
- 1 to 2 Green Chillies
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Salt to taste
- oil for frying
- 1 cup Churned Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2tbsp Sweet Date Tamarind Chutney
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp chopped Coriander Leaves
- Pinch of chat masala
- Wash and soak whole, skinless black gram for 3 to 4 hours in water.
- Add gteen chilli and ginger.
- Grind in a smooth paste, without adding much water.
- In the batter add cumin seeds and salt.
- Whisk well using your hand in one direction to make the batter fluffy and light.
- Batter is ready to make the vadas.
- In a deep fry pan heat oil on medium flame.
- Drop small portions of batter at a time with the help of a spoon. Dip spoon in water each time before dropping batter to fry.
- Fry till it become golden brown on slow flame.
- It should be cooked properly from inside and should become crispy from the outside.
- Take water in a bowl and keep vadas for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Squeeze from water and arrange vadas in any plate you like.
- Now mix in yogurt, sugar and salt.
- Put yogurt all over the vadas and add sweet chutney. Sprinkle red chilli powder and chat masala. Garnish with coriander leaves and pomegranate seeds.
- Serve chilled.
Enjoy yummy Dahi Vada ….delicious in each bite!!
Thanks for visiting my blog and do share your valuable comments.
Do like my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/jyotiscookbook/) for more updates on my new recipes.
Happy Everyday Cooking!!!