Chili Tofu/ Paneer..☺
It is a Tangy, spicy and yummy indo-chinese dish. Deep fried tofu/Paneer and then stir fried in sos.
I made this dish for my hubby as he loves Tofu..
Recipe of Chilli Tofu/ Paneer as follows…
For deep frying the Tofu/ Paneer :
- 100 gram Tofu/ Paneer
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp All purpose flour
- 1 tbsp Corn flour
- Oil for deep frying Tofu/ Paneer
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 3/4 Finely chopped Garlic
- 2/3 Green chillies, slit
- 6/7 chopped Spring Onion Bulb
- 1 medium Onion Chopped in square pieces
- 1 medium Green Capsicum Chopped in square pieces
- 1 medium Red Capsicum Chopped in square pieces
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbs Chilli Sos
- 1 tbs Dark Soya Sauce
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- Green spring onion for garnishing
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp Black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- In a big cloth cover tofu and put some heavy weight on it. All excess water will drain off in the cloth. Cut in square pieces with a knife .
- In bowl take 1/2 tsp black pepper powder, salt, all purpose flour and cornflour. Mix well.
- Add Tofu/ Paneer cubes and toss them in the bowl and coat them with flour.
- In a deep fry pan heat oil on medium flame. Fry tofu pieces on slow flame and keep aside .
- Be ready with all ingredients before you start to make the gravy.
- In a wok add oil on the high flame, add garlic and chillies. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add Spring Onion Bulb, Chopped Onion, Green Capsicum and Red Capsicum.
- Add sugar, chilli sos, dark soya sauce, vinegar, red chilli powder, black pepper powder, salt, water and simmer.
- Add some water in left over flour and make a fine paste. Add it into gravy.It will thicken your gravy.
- Now add fried tofu pieces.
- Add salt to taste and Mix well.
- Garnish with spring onion pieces.
- Hot and Spicy Chilli Tofu/ Paneer is ready to serve.
Enjoy with white Rice or Fried Rice …
Thanks for visiting my blog and do share your valuable comments.
Do like my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/jyotiscookbook/) for more updates on my new recipes.
Happy Everyday Cooking!!!