Kombadi Vade / Malvani Kombdi Vade ?
This spicy chicken curry is very simple to make in maharashtrian style using roasted coconut. Taste delicious with Vade (fried flat bread) mainly known as “Kombdi- Vade”. I learned this from my mother. Its all time favourite in our house. I want to share this simple recipe with you all….
Recipe for Chicken Curry as follows….
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Whole Spices – 2 Bay Leafs, 1 Cinnamon Stick, 4 Cloves, 4 Black Pepper corns
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- 2 Medium sized Onions
- 1/2 kg Whole Chicken pieces
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Malvani Masala
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 cup Grated Coconut (Dry/ Fresh)
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Chopped Coriander for garnish
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom non stick pan. Add Bay Leafs, Cinnamon Stick, Cloves, Black Pepper corns, pinch of Asafoetida and chopped onions. Saute till it become golden brown.
- Add Ginger Garlic paste and saute it.
- Now add Red Chilli Powder, Malvani Masala, Turmeric Powder, Coriander powder, Cumin powder and salt to taste and mix well.
- Add Chicken pieces and coat well with mixture.
- Add 1 cup hot water. Keep lid and cook on slow flame.
- Another side in a small pan dry roast coconut on slow flame. After cooling down grind in a smooth paste.
- After the chicken is cooked, add coconut paste in chicken, and simmer on slow flame.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Adjust water and spices as per your curry’s thickness.
- Sprinkle Garam Masala and garnish with coriander leaves on your curry after the chicken is cooked and switch off the flame.
- Spicy Chicken Curry is ready to serve with Vade, Chapati, Phulka, Naan, Bread or White Rice .
Flat Fried Indian Bread/ Multigrain Puri (Bhajaniche Vade)
It is deep fried Multigrain puri (Bhajaniche Vade) taste delicious with Maharashtrian veggie or non-veg curry . I learned this from my mother and Its all time favourite in our house. I want to share this simple recipe with you all.
Recipe For Bhajaniche Vade as follows..
Before making Vade you need to be ready with Bhajani flour.
Recipe for making Bhajani Flour is as follows..
For making vade flour :
- 1 kg Rice
- 1/4 kg Jowar
- 100 gram Urad Dal
- 100 gram Chana Dal
- 20 gram Coriander seeds
- 20 gram Cumin seeds
- 10 gram Fenugreek seeds
- Wash and drain rice.
- Dry it completely.
- Grind all ingredients in flour mill.
- Vade flour is ready to use.
For making Vade:
- 1 cup Bhajani flour
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup boiled water
- Warm water to knead the dough
- Take Vade flour in a big bowl.
- Add grated onion, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt to taste and mix well.
- Add oil and mix again.
- Pour boiled water, mix and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Add warm water and make dough, not too soft/ hard.
- Make small balls from the dough.
- Apply few drops of oil on plastic and place a ball.
- Flatten that ball with your fingers.
- Heat oil in a deep kadhai or pan on medium flame.
- Check temperature of oil by adding small piece of dough.
- Add Vada in the oil. If it is hot enough, it will come up by itself.
- Tap vada with spatula to pop up.
- Flip both the sides and cook till it get nice golden brown colour.
- Drain vada on paper towel after it done.
- Make all vadas by following same procedure.
- Crispy and yummy Vadas are ready to serve with curry.
- Enjoy Bhajaniche vade and bhokache vade !!
Enjoy best combination of food Kombdi- Vade and Sol Kadhi ….. Yum yum?
Thanks for visiting my blog and do share your valuable comments.
Do like my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/jyotiscookbook/) for more updates on my new recipes.
Happy Everyday Cooking!!!