Chavali (Black Eyed Peas) Curry is yummy and delicious indian curry. Onion -garlic not added. Its quick and easy to make. One of the favourite dish in my house.
Sharing simple recipe with you all..
- 2 tbsp oil
- Whole spices – 2 bay leafs, 1 cinnamon stick, 4 cloves, 4 black pepper corns
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- Pinch of asafoetida
- 2 tomatoes (grinded paste)
- 1 cup chavali (black eyed peas)
- 1 tbsp ginger chilli paste
- 1 and 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander for garnish
- Washed chavali and add in a pressure cooker.
- Add enough water and some salt. Heat cooker on medium flame.
- After 7 to 8 whistles, switch off the flame and let it cool down.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add bay leafs, cinnamon stick, cloves, black pepper corns, pinch of asafoetida and cumin seeds.
- Add ginger chilli paste and saute it.
- Add grinded tomatoes.
- Now add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and salt to taste and mix well.
- Saute masala till it separates from the oil.
- Add boiled chavali and coat well with spices.
- Keep lid and simmer on slow flame.
- Adjust water and spices as per your curry’s thickness and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and sprinkle garam masala.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Spicy Chavali curry is ready to serve with chapati, phulka, naan, or white rice.
Enjoy yummy delicious Chavali curry….
Thanks for visiting my blog and do share your valuable comments.
Do like my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/jyotiscookbook/) for more updates on my new recipes.
Happy Everyday Cooking!!!