Crispy Delicious Poha Chivda
Poha Chivda is spicy and crunchy snack can made any time. It is easy to make and has a very good shelf life.
Our Diwali is incomplete without this. I will share the recipe with you.
- 1/2kg Thin Poha
- 1/4 Cup Ghee or Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds (Badishep)
- Pinch of Asafetida
- 7 to 8 Chopped Green Chilies
- 10/12 Curry leaves
- 1/2 Cup Peanuts
- 1/2 Cup Daliya
- 1/2 Cup Broken Cashew nuts
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Coconut
- 1 tsp Powdered Sugar
- Salt to taste.
- In the heavy bottom pan roast poha on slow flame to make it crispy. When it shrinks slightly, remove from the pan and keep aside.
- In the same pan heat oil on slow flame.
- Add Mustard seeds, it will start spluttering after that add Cumin seeds and Fennel seeds and Asafoetida.
- Add Chopped Green Chilies and Curry leaves.
- Add Peanuts, Daliya, Broken cashew nuts and sliced coconut .
- When the peanuts turn light brown, add turmeric powder.
- Add Poha, Powdered Sugar and Salt, mix everything well. Roast everything on slow flame for two mins.
- Now switch off the gas.
- You can add Murmura or shev as per your choice. It is optional.
- Crispy Delicious Poha Chivda is ready.
Let Chivda cool for some time. Store in airtight container.
Thanks for visiting my blog and do share your valuable comments.
Do like my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/jyotiscookbook/) for more updates on my new recipes.
Happy Everyday Cooking!!!