This is one of my Favourite Chaat item
Its a mouthwatering street food of Mumbai.
It is basically potato patties served with white peas or green peas curry, chutney and some spices …. Yumm
I’m sharing a simple recipe with you all….
Ingredients for Serving Ragada Pattice:
- 10 to 12 Potato Patties
- 2 cups White/ Green Peas Ragada
- 2 tbsp Sweet Date Tamarind Chutney
- 2 tbsp Mint Coriander Chutney
- 2 tbsp Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1/2 cup Chopped Onion
- 1/2 cup Chopped Tomato
- 1/2 cup sev
- Pinch of Chaat Masala
- Pinch of Red Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Raw Mango Pieces (If its available)
Recipe for making Potato patties as follows:
- 4 Boiled Potates
- 1 tsp Chilli and Ginger paste
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tbsp Corn Flour
- Salt as per taste
- oil for frying
- Mash boiled potatoes with potato masher.
- Now add chilli and ginger paste, turmeric powder, chaat masala, garam masala, corn flour and salt as per taste. Mix well.
- Apply oil on your palm.Make small patties as shown below.
- Heat non stick pan on slow flame. Add a few drops oil and fry the patties.
- Turn patties after one side is done. Fry on slow frame from both sides.Yummy patties is ready to serve.
Recipe for making Ragada as follows:
- 1 cup Dried white peas/Green peas
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Tomato
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Chopped coriander for Garnish
- Wash white peas 2 to 3 times properly with tap water .
- Add some salt and soak overnight or for 8 to 10 hours in enough water.
- Rinse again with fresh water.
- In a pressure cooker add white peas. Add enough water and some salt.
- Heat cooker on medium flame.
- After 3 to 4 whistles, switch off the flame and let it cool down.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add pinch of asafoetida and cumin seeds.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute it.
- Add grinded tomatoes and all dry spices like (red chilli powder, turmeric powder) saute masala till it separates from the oil.
- Add boiled white peas and coat well with mixture.
- Add 1 cup hot water. Keep lid and simmer on slow flame.
- Add lemon juice and salt.
- Adjust water and spices as per your curry’s thickness and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and sprinkle garam masala.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Yummy Ragada is ready to serve.
Method of Serving Ragada Patties :
- Arrange Patties in any plate you like.
- Pour Ragada all over the patties .
- Add sweet date tamarind and mint coriander chutney.
- Add chopped onion, tomato, raw mango pieces.
- Sprinkle chaat masala and red chilli Powder.
- Garnish with sev and coriander leaves.
- Serve Hot.
Give yourself a spicy treat with mouthwatering Ragada Patties…….delicious in each bite!!
Thanks for visiting my blog and do share your valuable comments.
Do like my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/jyotiscookbook/) for more updates on my new recipes.
Happy Everyday Cooking!!!