Mohanthal / Gram Flour Fudge / Besan Burfi
It is yummy and delicious in every bite, mouth melting Traditional Gujarati sweet.
It usually make on the festival of Diwali. Not easy to make .kind of tricky recipe.
To make Gram Flour crumbles:
- 1 and 1/2 cup coarse gram flour
- 1/4 cup warm milk
- 2 tsp Melted Ghee
To Make Sugar Syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
- Pinch of saffron strands
Other Ingredients :
- 1/2 cup ghee
- Mawa (Made out of 1 cup of Milk)
- Coarse grounded Almond, Pistachio nuts
- Take coarse gram flour in a bowl. Add warm milk and ghee. Mix well till you get crumbles.
- Keep this mixture for at least one hour.
- For making Sugar Syrup take Sugar and water in a pan. Boil it till you get 1 thread consistency on slow flame. Add Cardamom Powder, Nutmeg Powder and Pinch of saffron strands.
- Sieve gram flour crumbles with seiver.
- On a heavy bottom non stick pan add ghee.
- Roast gram flour crumbles on slow flame till golden brown color.
- You will get nice aroma of gram flour.
- Once you get dark golden brown colour then add Khoya/Mawa and half part of coarse grounded Almond, Pistachio nuts (keep half part of Coarse grounded Almond, Pistachio nuts for garnishing).
- Mix it properly without any lumps.
- Now add warm Sugar Syrup and mix properly.
- On slow flame stir continuously. Cook till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- Now switch off the gas.
- Mixture is ready to pour on a greased rectangular or square pan.
- Garnish with remaining Coarse grounded Almond, Pistachio nuts.
- Run a knife to cut mohanthal in to pieces before it cooling down.
- Allow it to cool and set.
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator…
Enjoy Traditional Gujarati Sweet….yum yum.
Thanks for visiting my blog and do share your valuable comments.
Do like my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/jyotiscookbook/) for more updates on my new recipes.
Happy Everyday Cooking!!!